“Interns support seasonal needs of vegetable operation beginning with greenhouse planting and spring bed preparation. Throughout the season, interns focus on planting, weed management, harvesting, irrigation (drip), and vegetable distribution via shares or markets. They will also be involved in CSA prep and supporting others in their gardening tasks. Interns work 5 days/week, which typically amounts to 40-45 hours/week. Our workdays lengthen as the season peaks, however, which can lengthen our hours to approximately 55/wk.
Interns live in shared housing in the village and may be living closely with other volunteers and people with disabilities. This may include some sharing of house responsibilities like preparing one meal a week for everyone in the house. Food and housing are provided along with a stipend of $450/month.
This position begins mid March and ends November 1st.”
For more information and to apply, go to our listing on Good Food Jobs
On Saturday, February 11th join us at the Artisan Depot from 3-5pm. There will be light refreshments, and items for sale from the Innisfree Bakery, Woodshop, and Weavery.
We’ve changed a lot in 2016! Here are a few of our major milestones
- We started the official Art Workstation in April
- 20 people participate in the art program once a week- several people participate multiple times per week
- We participated in the City Space art show for the first time!
- Mosaics became incorporated into our weekly routine
- The second annual Herb Garden/Art Studio calendar collaboration happened with great success!
- We sold our items at the Open House for the first time- also with great success!
- We incorporated printmaking into 3 art periods per week
- Art projects were incorporated into a couple of our village/community events
- We even started a new art group- a “Nature Art” focusing on all the ways we can participate in our natural environment to make art!
Weavings for daily living from the Innisfree Weavery will be at Ewe fine fiber goods on Main Street in Charlottesville, VA.
On display until the end of the month.
Ewe Fine Fiber Goods
617 West Main St., Suite B.
Charlottesville, VA 22903