Come enjoy the Innisfree experience!
You are cordially invited to Innisfree Music Fest 2017 for an afternoon of live music, mirth and merriment, and “friendraising.”
· Local bands · Family friendly · Food and wine · Picnics welcome ·
Raffle for Innisfree Handcrafted items · Tours of Innisfree
· Coalie Stokes
· Holy Smokes!
· Warmed Over Boys
Food and Wine:
· Mobilee Delicious
· Two Brothers Southwestern Grill
· Glass House Winery
“Interns support seasonal needs of vegetable operation beginning with greenhouse planting and spring bed preparation. Throughout the season, interns focus on planting, weed management, harvesting, irrigation (drip), and vegetable distribution via shares or markets. They will also be involved in CSA prep and supporting others in their gardening tasks. Interns work 5 days/week, which typically amounts to 40-45 hours/week. Our workdays lengthen as the season peaks, however, which can lengthen our hours to approximately 55/wk.
Interns live in shared housing in the village and may be living closely with other volunteers and people with disabilities. This may include some sharing of house responsibilities like preparing one meal a week for everyone in the house. Food and housing are provided along with a stipend of $450/month.
This position begins mid March and ends November 1st.”
For more information and to apply, go to our listing on Good Food Jobs
On Saturday, February 11th join us at the Artisan Depot from 3-5pm. There will be light refreshments, and items for sale from the Innisfree Bakery, Woodshop, and Weavery.
We’ve changed a lot in 2016! Here are a few of our major milestones
- We started the official Art Workstation in April
- 20 people participate in the art program once a week- several people participate multiple times per week
- We participated in the City Space art show for the first time!
- Mosaics became incorporated into our weekly routine
- The second annual Herb Garden/Art Studio calendar collaboration happened with great success!
- We sold our items at the Open House for the first time- also with great success!
- We incorporated printmaking into 3 art periods per week
- Art projects were incorporated into a couple of our village/community events
- We even started a new art group- a “Nature Art” focusing on all the ways we can participate in our natural environment to make art!
Weavings for daily living from the Innisfree Weavery will be at Ewe fine fiber goods on Main Street in Charlottesville, VA.
On display until the end of the month.
Ewe Fine Fiber Goods
617 West Main St., Suite B.
Charlottesville, VA 22903
It was a great day of food, fun, and family. See you all next year!
Saturday, December 3rd 2016
There will be crafts for sale from our weavery, bakery, woodshop, pottery, art class, and gardens. Plus children’s activities, tours of the village, refreshments, workshops, and more!
Register for our wreath-making workshop!
1:30 PM – $40 (includes all materials) – advance registration required! E-mail [email protected] to register or for more information or directions
Come get your hands on some Innisfree products at the Crozet Arts and Crafts Festival this weekend!